Last updated 15th March 2020
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When you access and move around Prynty, register an Account with Prynty or purchase a Product from Prynty, we may collect some or all of the following personal data about you:
- a username and password;
- billing and delivery addresses, email address;
- Payment Method (typically credit card or debit card) details;
- User Content such as your edited text or drawings in personalised products;
- correspondence with and from Prynty;
We may also collect some of this personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us. In order to take advantage of some of our Services, you may need to supply us with the personal details of a third party (for example, their name and address if you wish to send them a Product). We will not use this information for anything other than providing the Services for which the information was supplied.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How do we use your personal information ?
Your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us, and passed to and processed by our subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and other data processors acting under contract with us.
When you sign up to Prynty and agree to our terms and conditions, we need to process certain data that allows Prynty:
- to provide the Prynty service to you in accordance with our agreement;
- to enable personalised Products created by you;
- to associate your Account, and your Product purchases, with you, and to verify your identity;
- if you elect to store an encrypted Payment Method with us, to associate that Payment Method with you when you place an order;
- to process payments you make for Products;
- to pass your Product order for delivery by third party deliverers engaged by us;
- to provide customer support and improve your customer experience;
- to contact you by email in relation to the products or services you have purchased.
If you’ve told us it’s OK (or unless you’ve asked us not to after a purchase), we would like to contact you to provide information about products or services we think might interest you. You may withdraw this consent at any time.
For legitimate business reasons we will also process your data for customer satisfaction and customer experience improvement purposes, such as by analysing data we hold about you, and combining it with data held by third parties, in order to discern your interests, demography and other factors, and in consequence to offer goods and services that are likely to have the greatest value to you. We would also use this data in connection with the prevention and detection of fraud and other crime.
If you elect to store a Payment Method with us, that Payment Method will not in fact be stored by Prynty itself, but instead it will be stored by a payment service provider under contract with us. The storing payment service provider will be required to comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). Note that, when using a stored Payment Method to make payment for your Prynty order, certain techniques will be used to assist in maintaining the security of the details of your stored Payment Method. For example, not all of the payment card number will be visible to you (typically, all except the final four digits will be masked), and you will be required to provide certain information (such as, but not limited to, a CV2 card security number) in order to proceed with using that Payment Method. To remove or change a stored Payment Method, please follow the procedures specified on the website or contact our customer services team.
We may use automatically collected anonymous information about your use of Prynty. For example, we may automatically log which parts of Prtnty you access, which web browser you deploy and the website from which you linked to Prynty. You cannot be identified from any of this information. It enables us to compile statistics about the use of Prynty, and to help target aspects of Prynty and advertising to you more accurately.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Disclosing your personal data
We will not disclose any of your personal data, other than to subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and data processors (including deliverers and payment service providers) under contract with us. To enable us to provide our service, we share data with the following categories of organisations:
- Payment processing companies
- Manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers
- Delivery and courier services
- Fraud prevention companies
We will not share your data with any other categories of organisation without your permission unless:
- we are legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purposes of prevention or detection of crime or fraud);
- we are in negotiations with a third party for the sale or purchase of any of Prynty’s business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Prynty, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Prynty about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
If you have not logged into your account for 40 months, your personal details and any other content will be deleted. We retain other minimal data for tax, anti-fraud and other purposes in accordance with our data retention policy.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we protect your data
We employ significant technical and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. We believe the measures implemented by our site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
We have security measures in place to protect our database of Users and access to this database is restricted internally. However, there are things we can all do to help stay safe and secure online:
- ensure no-one else uses Prynty through your Account;
- log off or exit from your Prynty Account when not using it;
- keep your password or other access information secret;
- use different passwords for different services you use online
- ensure you’re using the most up-to-date versions of your software.
Compromise of information
In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Prynty will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.