Last updated 17th March 2020
Thanks for visiting Prynty. We want to do all we can to ensure you have an enjoyable shopping experience, and that you are completely happy with your prints.
The service in a snapshot. Prynty operates an online design platform that enables our users to design their own art prints for private use. We provide ready-made templates that can be altered within the website. A third party prints them and sends to you directly.
- Ordering from us
- Supply and pricing of goods
- Changing or cancelling an order
- Returns and refunds
- Use of the Website
These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) set out your rights and obligations, and those of Prynty (“we” or “we/us” if referring to us and the printing company), in relation to this website, www.prynty.co.uk (the “Website”), any products, services and material of any kind available through the Site or us (the “Services”). We are a sole trader company and not yet registered for VAT.
By registering with Prynty, you accept that you are entering into a contract with us under these Terms. People who register with Prynty establish an “Account”, and become “Users”. Visitors to Prynty who do not register with Prynty, but who nevertheless use the Site affirm that they are bound by these Terms each time they access Prynty. If you do not agree to these Terms, you should not this Website. You should be aware that these Terms may change from time to time in accordance with section 13 below. You will be able to access most areas of Prynty without registering your details with us. Other areas, and the opportunity to place orders with us, are only open to you if you register. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Ordering from Prynty
2.1. Product description
We use reasonable endeavours to make sure that every product on Prynty is shown accurately and that prices are correct. However, occasionally there may be variations in colour (colours on screen will always look different to colours on a printed product), typefaces and layout.
2.2. Placing your order
A contract for the purchase of a product is created as follows:
- The User places the order on the Site by pressing an order confirmation button (“Checkout”) at the end of the checkout process: all prints are made to order so are deemed a “personalised product”.
- By confirming your order, you are agreeing to purchase the product you have selected.
- At this point, we take payment for your order by means of your nominated payment method.
- We will send you a “Thank you for your order” email detailing your order, and other information we must provide to you.
From time to time, we may reject an order for the following reasons:
- If, unfortunately, we do not have your chosen product in stock.
- Where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment.
- If there has been a relevant pricing or product description error.
- If your order otherwise breaches any of the requirements of these Terms.
- If a personalised product you wish to order contains anything which contravenes, or appears to contravene, our Content Rules (see section 3.4 below for our Content Rules).
- We suspect that the order has been placed fraudulently.
- It appears that the order mistakenly duplicates another order.
If your order is rejected, we will contact you to confirm this and reverse the payment you have made for that order.
There are limited circumstances in which you may cancel an order after it has been made – see section 5 on this.
Note that we may bar or prevent an individual Account, User, email address or other identifier from making purchases or otherwise interacting with us where we reasonably suspect an association with fraud or other infringements of the law.
2.3. Personalising products
Prynty aims to provide you with an efficient, high-quality service. Please double-check your order on screen, before you add to basket, that all the details are correct. It is up to you to ensure that content you have contributed for inclusion in a personalised product is correct, and (for example) is correctly spelt. As a courtesy, we may allow you to make changes to your order whilst its status on your ‘Orders’ (under the ‘My Account’ tab) shows as ‘Processing’: You will need to contact us with your order number by email or via or instant chat function to do so during our standard opening hours (which are usually 9.00am – 6.00pm UK time, Monday to Friday, except Public Holidays in England).
From time to time we may contact you to ask permission to use a product personalised by you in social media posts, marketing/advertising. Note that we may modify content or material in order to conform it to Prynty or the requirements of the product you have ordered (such as by cropping images).
Prynty takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other User or third party posts, publishes or prints over or using the Service. You shall be solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of posting, publishing and printing it, and you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your publication of your User Content. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose, and you agree that Prynty shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of User Content or your use of either in printed form. In the event that your User Content is alleged to be offensive, inappropriate for children, unlawful or otherwise in breach of these terms, you agree that Prynty may disclose such User Content to the police or other government authorities.
2.4. Content Rules
We do not permit personalised products to include any content or material which:
- infringes anyone’s copyright: in particular, you must ensure that you either own the copyright in an image or any other content that you wish to include in a personalised product or that you are fully licensed by the copyright owner to include that image or other content in the personalised product
- infringes any other rights, such as a trade mark, of any person or entity or a duty owed to any person or entity, such as a duty of confidentiality
- contravenes any applicable law (including, without limitation, any criminal law) or regulation
- is false, inaccurate, misleading, offensive, abusive, threatening or defamatory, or that might cause needless annoyance, inconvenience or distress to any person
- misrepresents identity or impersonates any person
- includes any material containing personally identifying information about another person, such as their address, phone number, or email address, except with the written approval of that person
- contains material which is pornographic, obscene, indecent or offensive, which promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or that may incite hatred or violence against any person or group
- may harass, upset, embarrass or alarm any person
- gives the impression that it emanates from or has been approved by us
- advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act
The above are my Content Rules.
At Prynty, you can pay for your products using credit card, debit card or any other payment method which we make available to you at the time of your order.
3. Supply and pricing of products
3.1. Supply of Products
The prints sold by us through our Website are manufactured and shipped from our printers in Nottingham.
3.2. Postage and packaging charges
Prices are shown exclusive of postage and packaging charges; these will be shown separately at the checkout stage before you place your order.
During the order process, Prynty will generally notify you of the expected timeframe for receiving your order; however, Prynty does not guarantee delivery dates or times. We will make you aware of delivery charges (if any) before you place your order.
4.1. General despatch information
The despatch date is the day we SEND the item you have ordered, NOT the day it will be delivered.
- Your order is likely to arrive much faster if you use a postcode
- You can check that you have the correct postcode by using the Royal Mail’s handy postcode finder available at www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode. We are not responsible for the accuracy of the Royal Mail’s postcode finder
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the delivery address you provide for any order you place is correct
4.2. Circumstances Beyond Our Control
Neither we, nor any delivery service that we use, shall be liable for any failure to perform Services where such failure or delay results from any circumstances outside our reasonable control; these circumstances include but are not limited to adverse weather conditions (such as snow, flood and extreme winds), fire, explosion, accident, traffic congestion, obstruction of any private or public highway, riot, terrorism, act of God, or industrial dispute or strike.
5. Changing or cancelling an order
Before you request a change or cancellation, it is best to check the status of your order by going to ‘Orders’, which can be found under the ‘My Account’ tab. Orders can only be changed or cancelled if the status is on ‘Processing’. If the status displays ‘Completed’ then it has already been printed or despatched and, unfortunately, cannot be amended or cancelled.
It is best to email us (or use the instant chat function) if you need to cancel or change your order – Please have your order number or the email address you registered with us available so we can answer your query as quickly as possible.
Emails are answered during business hours usually (Monday – Friday 9.00am – 6.00pm) in the order they are received. It is therefore possible that your order could begin production before your email is processed and we will be unable to make any changes requested in the email.
6. Returns and refunds
At Prynty, we always try to send your products in perfect condition. However, occasionally, a problem can arise. In the unlikely event that a product is faulty, or it is damaged in delivery or is the wrong item, we ask you to contact us to let us know of the problem as soon as possible. Sending a photo is helpful. We will then advise you on whether you are eligible for a refund or replacement.
6.1. Reporting a problem
If for any reason you are not happy with your Prynty order, please contact us. You will need to quote your order number, the email address you have registered and the details of the problem with the order.
We aim to acknowledge any complaint within 14 working days (usually it takes 1-2 days), and will do our best to resolve it within 28 days. We will usually ask you to take a photograph of the product to help us communicate with our suppliers and correct any future problems. Should it be necessary, we will then advise you how to return your item.
6.2. Returning products and issuing refunds
Personalised products: Prints
Where an item is faulty, we will ask you to take a photo (or more than one).
If you are eligible for a refund, we will reimburse the price you have paid for the product(s) onto the credit or debit card that you paid with. Alternatively, we may offer to reprint (if applicable) and resend the item free of charge. Please note it is not our policy to offer both a refund and a resend.
Refunds cannot be given if the fault is a result of your own actions such as product misuse or if personalisation is mis-spelt.
7.1. Security of your account and password
You must not share the User name and password with which you register with Prynty with anyone else.
We know that you may use the same password for other Internet accounts, and that it is highly sensitive. Rest assured, your password will remain encrypted and we do not have access to it. If you forget your password, you can request to reset it. By requesting to reset your password an email will be sent to the email address registered with your Account containing a link to reset your password. You will then be able to access your Account and create a new password.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and any other identifying information.
Note that we are entitled to treat anything done while your Account is logged into the Website, or by means of an email address, phone number or other communications method associated with that Account, as having been done by you; it is up to you to maintain the security of your Prynty Account.
7.2. Credit card transactions
Your full card details are not recorded or stored in our database. Prynty collects and stores only the final four numbers of your credit or debit card along with the expiry date and cardholder name to enable you to select that card when making future purchases. They are encrypted and are transferred securely to one or more third party payment service providers for immediate authorisation. Once we have received authorisation from the payment service provider we will confirm your order.
7.3. Subject Access Requests
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), you have the right to request a copy of all personal data we hold about you, by means of a process called a Subject Access Request.
If you make a Subject Access Request, Section 7 of the Act requires us:
- To tell you whether we process any of your personal data
- If so, to provide you with a description of the personal data we hold, the reasons it is being processed, and who we share it with
- To provide you with a copy of the personal data we process in an intelligible form, and (where this is available) to inform you about the source of the data
All Subject Access Requests must be in writing. We may require you to pay a fee in an amount specified under the Act (currently a maximum of £10) to help meet our costs in dealing with your request.
8. Use of the Website
8.1. Abuse of service
You agree not to use Prynty directly or indirectly for any unlawful purpose, or to cause distress or offence to any person. You also agree not to upload, email to us or print any images or other material which might infringe our Content Rules (set out in section 2.4 above).
8.2. Intellectual Property
All text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, page layouts, design and other material that appears on the Website is protected by Prynty’s or third party copyrights, trade marks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws.
You may use and access Prynty to the extent required for the use of the Services in accordance with these Terms, and for the purpose that we make them available. You are not allowed to remove any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property notices contained in material taken from Prynty.
No-one may copy, distribute, show in public or create any derivative work from Prynty, or any of the material which is found on Prynty unless properly licensed in writing by us to do so. You are not allowed to use Prynty (or to copy or use any material found on Prynty) for any commercial purpose other than to conduct the purchase of a product from Prynty.
No-one may use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access Prynty for any purpose without our prior express written permission.
8.3. Website content and service access
We will always try to ensure that Prynty is available 24 hours a day. However, we will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time, or for any period.
Occasionally, we may provide links to other websites or resources for your convenience. We do not endorse the contents of those websites and are not responsible for their availability or service. We will not be liable in any way for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using those websites. If you decide to access linked third party websites you do so at your own risk.
We use reasonable care and skill to provide Prynty in accordance with our specifications for Prynty but:
- the Services are provided “as is”
- we cannot and do not guarantee that Prynty or the Services will meet your requirements
We shall have no obligation, duty or liability whatsoever in contract, tort (including negligence, breach of statutory duty and any other tort) or otherwise, save as expressly provided in these Terms.
Nothing in these Terms excludes or restricts our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, nor our contractual obligations in respect of products we agree to supply following our acceptance of your order in accordance with section 3.2. We are under a legal duty to supply goods which conform to our contract with the User.
We will not be liable to you or anyone else, whether in contract, tort (including negligence, breach of statutory duty or other tort) or otherwise:
- for any loss of revenue, data, business, anticipated savings, profits, opportunity, goodwill or reputation, or for any business interruption
- any loss or corruption of data
- any loss or damage which does not directly result from (or which exceeds that which was caused as a direct result of) our breach of this Agreement, howsoever caused or arising
Except as expressly stated elsewhere in these Terms, all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms, whether express or implied (by common law, statute, collaterally or otherwise) are hereby excluded, except in the case of fraud, or where such exclusion is not permitted by law.
We will not be liable for any failure to perform our obligations under these Terms caused by matters beyond our reasonable control.
You agree to indemnify us fully, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any breach of the Terms by you, your use of the Website, or anything done while your Account is logged into the Website.
The provisions of this section 8.5 shall survive the termination or expiry of these Terms.
We reserve the right at any time and without notice (a) to suspend or terminate your ability to access Prynty, (b) to suspend or terminate your use of all or part of the Services and/or any then-current orders for products, and/or (c) to take technical and legal steps to stop you from using Prynty if you appear to us to be in breach of any provision of these Terms. Should we do so, you acknowledge that we shall not incur any liability to you or to any other person.
In addition, we are entitled to suspend provision of all or part of the Services at any time if we are obliged or advised to comply with an order, instruction or request of any limb of government, or any regulator, court or other competent authority.
8.7. Contact from third parties
If anyone contacts us in relation to your or your Account’s use of Prynty or a transaction associated with you or your Account, then you agree:
- to provide all reasonable information and assistance we may require in connection with responding to that contact
- to respond promptly and accurately to it, should we pass the message to you for a response
These Terms are intended to contain your entire agreement with us relating to the Services, the Website.
If any of these Terms is found to be invalid this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall remain fully enforceable. Our failure to act with respect to a breach of these Terms by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
Only you and Prynty shall be entitled to enforce these Terms. No third party shall be entitled to enforce any of these Terms whether by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
We reserve the right to change these Terms from time to time, and post the new version on Prynty. The new version of these Terms will take effect:
- commencing 28 days after the date of posting (or such later date as we indicate in the relevant posting), if any of the changes is to an operative provision of these Terms which is capable of adversely affecting you
- immediately upon the date of posting (or such later date as we indicate in the relevant posting), if the changes are not reasonably capable of adversely affecting you – examples of which would include, without limitation, (i) changing the name of, and/or the web-address that you use to access, Prynty, and (ii) the refinement of provisions that are already included or referred to in these Terms
In either case, if you do not wish to be governed by the new version of these Terms, you must cease to use the Services and Prynty. For the avoidance of doubt, we will not have any liability to you in that event.
These Terms, the Services and each order and purchase of a product shall be governed by English law.
You and we each submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to disputes arising in connection with these Terms, the Services and any order for or purchase of a product.
We don’t separately file the Terms entered into by Users when they register for Prynty. Please make a durable copy of these Terms by printing and/or saving a downloaded copy on your own computer. They are offered in English only.
When we refer to “Prynty” in these Terms, we mean Prynty the company, the www.prynty.co.uk/www.prynty.co site, any Prynty application that you access, according to the context including any social media accounts.
- You need to make sure that the email address and other contact information in your Prynty Account is at all times accurate and up to date.
- All purchases made from Prynty, including Qualifying Orders, are governed by the Prynty Ts & Cs, save as provided in these Terms.
- If you have any other questions just check our FAQs page. If you can’t find the answer to your question, then please contact us.
- These Terms, together with the Prynty Ts & Cs, are intended to contain your entire agreement with us relating to the subject-matter of these Terms.
- If any of these Terms is found to be invalid this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall remain fully enforceable. Our failure to act with respect to a breach of these Terms by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms from time to time, and post the new version on the Website. The new version of these Terms will take effect on a date that we will specify at the time.
- These Terms take effect on 17th of March 2020